WE ARE CURRENTLY OFFERING A $2,OOO SIGN ON BONUS!!!!
As Vonco Products evolves towards becoming a world class supplier in the flexible packaging industry we have immediate openings for Converting Operators to meet growth demands. This position has a competitive base salary plus with a monthly bonus program.
At our state-of-the-art facility we strive to be a premium supplier to the medical, food (consumer), and industrial markets that leverage flexible packaging. As a Vonco associate you will join a diverse mix of employees with a dedication to producing world class packaging.
Are you looking to take your career to the next level? As a part of our team, you will have the opportunity to grow with our company.
Basis Purpose and Function: The Converting Supervisor position is responsible for directing, supervising and setting priorities for the associates in their daily routines. Responsible for achieving departmental goals and meeting quality expectations. Responsible for the training and performance measurements of the associates. Works with the Converting Manager to set individual/departmental goals, and documents results and statistics. Communicates effectively with all levels within an organization and be able to effectively supervise up to 25 employees.
- Assigns and directs employees in daily activities, ensuring priorities are expedited and met
- Provide on-going training for new and existing employees on various department tasks, procedures and systems
- Drives continuous improvement through proper implementation and execution of policies and procedures
- Compile, analyze and communicate productivity results to associates and management
- Adhere to company safety guidelines and 5S program
- Manage workforce according to company philosophies and procedures
- Food Safety Compliance
- Other duties as assigned
- Associates Degree preferred
- 5 to 7 years in a leadership role within a production environment
- Strong interpersonal, coaching and straining skills are required
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels, resolve conflicts, problem solve, influence and negotiate
- Results orientated with the ability to plan effectively using time management skills
- Previous experience with 5S
- Previous experience in an ISO – 9000 and/or SQF certified facility preferred
- Proficient using computers, including Microsoft Office
- Strong work ethics, integrity and ability to build and maintain trust with coworkers and direct reports
- Reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, typing, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
- This position is frequently required to use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, vision abilities to see potential seal problems and dirt contaminants.
- The associate must lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.