Basic Purpose and Function: The Quality Assurance Technician is responsible for performing multiple functions including ensuring the integrity and quality of products being produced and shipped to customers. Employee will be responsible for preforming a variety of tests to determine suitability of products and processes. Work is performed in Production and testing areas.
- Verify and Approve Job Set-Ups for Printing, Slitting, and Converting.
- Conduct In-Process Inspections.
- Perform product testing per company or customer requirements. (Water, Air, Burst)
- Gather product retains and store per company requirements.
- Participate in Quality & Safety Programs. (5S, SMED,)
- Communicate Non-conformances discovered to appropriate department in order to initiate corrective action.
- Close-out completed Jobs and forward documentation to shipping
- Food Safety Compliance
- Perform other duties as assigned by QC Lead
- Basic Math Skills
- Demonstrate good time management independent of supervision.
- Maintain timely and regular attendance per company policy.
- Must have flexibility to work varying hours and shifts, to include and occasional to frequent overtime.
- Ensure compliance with department policies and procedures.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with Supervisor and co-workers to provide and receive direction.
- Reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, typing, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
- This position is frequently required to use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms.
- The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.