Designs custom products to meet customer expectations. Provides cost estimates / quotes on new business opportunities. Provides integration of new products through the order entry, trial, and commercialization stages.
Technical Engineering Job Duties:
- Works on a cross-functional project team through all phases of the product development process.
- Includes planning and executing projects from concept through the launch and initial production ramp-up.
- Designing experiments, analyzing, documenting, and summarizing results.
- Partnering with Operations to understand manufacturing capabilities and equipment capacity and ensuring that new products are designed for manufacturing.
- Working with the process engineering team to design for manufacturing and validate manufacturing processes, as well as create material specifications.
- Designing experiments, analyzing data, and summarizing and documenting results.
- Analyzing, compiling, documenting, and communicating test results to the broader team.
- Develop specifications and design for integration in sample, trial, and commercialization steps.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with government regulations.
- Maintains system and product information including quotes and drawings.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Must be a team player with a positive attitude.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and work across various personnel levels
- BS degree in Engineering or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3-5 years in engineering field, preferably designing new products.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products- Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- Proficient in AutoCAD
- Working knowledge of Quality Systems.
- Good mechanical aptitude and problem-solving skills
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for 8 hour/day and lift 50 days.
- Experience in contract manufacturing, medical products.
- Prefer lean manufacturing, Six Sigma, project management, FMEA, and quality systems experience.
- Project management experience
- Experience in consumer product packaging.
- Experience designing products with flexible films.