Basic Purpose and Function:
Supervises, coordinates, and participates in the activities of staff engaged in the function of shipping, receiving and warehouse management. Accurately verifies and keeps records on incoming and outgoing shipments, and preparing items for shipment: Studies shipping notices, bills of lading, invoices, orders, and other records to determine accuracy, shipping priorities, work assignments, and shipping methods required to meet shipping and receiving schedules, utilizing knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates. Attention to detail and accuracy as well as accountability is critical to the success of this role.
- Perform incoming and outgoing shipping activities to ensure accuracy, completeness, and condition of shipments- documents and communicates discrepancies
- Works within a Business System with received items and other inventory related items
- Assists in the design and implementation of a new business system
- Understands and prepares shipping and receiving paperwork such as Bills of Lading, packing slips, pick tickets, etc.
- Responsible for keeping the warehouse safe, clean, and organized. Focus on 5S
- Accountable for warehouse inventory accuracy between physical count and business system as well as aid in our overall goal of inventory accuracy
- Participate in monthly physical inventory and periodic cycle counting activities (Saturdays)
- Prepare shipments by palletizing, weighing, and wrapping skids
- Coordinate’s activities to support the production floor through transfer materials from warehouse to various functional areas (Press, Laminator, etc.)
- Inspect loading operations to ensure compliance with customer shipping specifications
- Assist with the scheduling of common carrier pick-ups and appointments for customer arranged pick-ups and prepare associated paperwork
- 5-7 years relevant experience in shipping & receiving (supervisory experience key)
- Forklift certification preferred
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- Candidate should possess basic mathematical skills and better than basic computer skills
- Individual should possess a strong work ethic, troubleshooting skills, and a positive attitude
- Individual must be able to work independently with minimal guidance yet understand they are part of a broader team
- Requires good time management, planning/organization, and decision-making skills-detail oriented
- Individual must be able to interact effectively with a wide variety of people, maintaining flexibility, objectivity and a capacity to handle multiple tasks
- Regularly required to stand, walk, stoop or crouch.
- Regularly lift or move up to 40 pounds